Thursday 19 July 2018

Evaluation


Evaluation


11.   In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

My final product follows the main conventions of a fashion magazine with the use of plugs, mastheads, graphic’s and many more. I believed I successfully created a believable fashion magazine due to the fact that I followed a colour scheme of no more than three main colours. My colour scheme was red and blue. I highlighted this colour by making my model wearing a red top to match the cover-lines. Although, I could of added more graphics to catch the consumers attentions.

2.   How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages? (Photoshop, Prezzi etc)
To show my results I used the website ‘Powtoon’. This website was helpful as it showed my research in an interesting yet professional way. I posted a preview of my research on my blog using this platform.
I used the app ‘film maker pro’ to show my audience’s feedback. This app helped me create a short 2 minute clip featuring 4 pupils (who are my target audience) and get their responses to a variety of questions.
Photoshop was the platform I depended mostly on as it helped construct my magazine. Photoshop helped me layout my cover-lines and place my model. This app was useful as it allowed me to change the lightings and edit my fonts.

3.   What will you look to improve on for your NEA? (Time management? More planning? More research?)
Next time I hope to improve on my research and showing my process.  I hope to interview more people so I can get more insight into what my target audience is into. I also hope to interview people from a variety of years.
In addition to this, the more research I perform the more ideas I can incorporate into my magazine. For example, I could research the types of lighting and angles that are more effective to my magazine. I could also show more results from the surveys and maybe choose more platforms of research. I should also plan ahead and take more test shots. Having more shots of my model ensures that I won’t have to struggle to pick one. I should also take it from different angles and do a variety of shots.

4.   What have you learned about yourself from this process? (Creative? Enjoy the practical more, or less? Need to be more organised? Need to treat media with respect more?)
During this process, I have learnt that I can work independently and quickly to produce a finalised product. I believe that I am resilient as I learnt to overcome certain challenges and take a new approach. I enjoyed giving feedback to my peers and I am more than welcome to advice on my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro

Introduction to brief

Prelim Task; Introduction Welcome to Dc productions! My name is Diana De Carvalho and this is my blog. For this term of my Media Studies ...

Media Studies